About Our Company
Bushell Media is a Digital Media Arts & Video Production Educational servicing agency that has been in the Media Arts Industry for over 20 years. Bushell Media has extensive experience, education, and knowledge, in the Media Arts Industry.
- Our services include placing highly trained, professional program facilitators, Instructors, coaches, and paraprofessionals to successfully administer the Digital Media Arts & Video Production Educational program in K-12 Schools, Summer Camps, Technical and Vocational Schools.
- This program has a experiential lesson plan, and mapping that has been developed and designed by professional educators, which is based on the common core standards and extended to include extensive opportunities for artistic expression and active community engagement.
Why Our Program?
Our program curriculum encompasses state academic standards to meet many of the common core standards for Visual Arts performance, Technology and English Language Art.
We place emphasis on instructing and training students with various forms of mix media to enhance student engagement and to reinforce understanding. These forms of media include:
- Animated Lecture Presentations
- Interactive Quizzes & Exercises
- Graded Tests
- Notebook checks
- Class Discussions
- Group Projects
- Field Trips
- Equipment Demonstrations
- Mini projects
- Exit tickets
Our Program Common Core Objectives
- Understand and identify the various parts of a digital video camera
- Demonstrate the ability to set up and properly use a video camera
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to outline and format a script
- Demonstrate the understanding of how to construct and storyboard a script
- Demonstrate effective use of various camera angles in video projects
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to record and edit voice over recordings
- Learn and use introductory level skills in digital design and video editing software
Our Media Arts Program is divided into 7 Units, that will span across the 10 month school year, those units include:
The Camera Interface
Within this lesson plan, students will be introduced to the interface of professional digital SLR cameras, and will learn the basic functionalities of the camera.
This lesson plan focuses on the 3 tier ways of controlling light or “exposure” within the camera itself, and the importance of exposure, to ensure optimal and clean video quality
In this lesson, students learn various types of microphone types, proper audio levels for television and the importance of audio in film.
Students learn the basics of film lighting, 3-Point lighting and proper lighting setup
This lesson covers proper script writing terminology and writing scripts in scriptwriting software “Celtx”
This lesson plan focuses on teaching students what storyboarding is and how to properly storyboard written scripts.
Video Editing Basics
This lesson focuses on teaching students the introductory skills in editing video on professional software