The Camera Interface
Within this lesson plan, students will be introduced to the interface of professional digital SLR cameras and will learn the basic functionalities of the camera.
The camera interface module is catered to getting students familiar with the camera, as it will most often be used if students within the media program are called upon to film an event within the school, on a field trip or more. Within this module students are to follow along with the interactive presentations and take notes, however hands on class presentations with the camera, reinforcement worksheets and interactive practice modules are available.
Understanding: Within this lesson plan, students will be introduced to the interface of professional digital SLR cameras, and will learn the basic functionalities of the camera. Feel free to slow down and explain key terms and concepts of the interface for those as needed, especially the younger students.
- Students should understand and recite key terms of the Camera Interface
- Students should demonstrate their knowledge of switching the camera on/off
- Students should demonstrate their knowledge of switching the camera photo modes
- Students should demonstrate their knowledge switching the camera to video/record mode
- Students should demonstrate their knowledge of how to change camera battery
- Students should demonstrate their knowledge of changing the camera lenses
- Students should demonstrate their knowledge deleting unwanted photos/video
- Students should demonstrate their knowledge the camera monitor, viewfinder
- Students should be able to demonstrate how to view photos/video using the playback button
- Students should demonstrate how to insert the SD Card
Exercises: As the instructor, feel free to perform in class demonstrations regarding the Interface of the camera, using students as helpers. *For the Camera Interface in-class exercise, refer to the “Camera Interface Worksheet” on www.bushellmediaarts.com website. In addition refer to the Camera Interface Matching Print-Out for learning reinforcement.
Review: use the Camera Interface Interactive Practices to help students review the camera interface (If computer access is available, have students login into www.bushellmediaarts.com and follow the links to the interactive practices, otherwise pull up the practices on your computer, and have students taking turns answering them together), ask questions and call on students to point out and answer questions regarding the Interface, even if it’s a few questions every class.
This keeps the learning materials fresh in their minds. In addition feel free to use other platforms, such as YouTube, to find clean short videos on the camera interface of the Canon T6i. Find short films that maybe others have filmed using the Canon T6i to inspire and show students what they too can also do.
- Max Students1000
- Duration3 week
- Skill levelall
- Re-take courseN/A
0.00 average based on 0 ratings